Sometimes, it’s just impossible to fall asleep without something in your belly. I try to stick to the ‘don’t eat after 7pm’ rule (hahahaha ya right) but there are days where you come home after midnight, zonked from a day of work and a night of concert-going, and you’ve neglected to pick up a slice/stop for nachos/grab your twice-yearly covert street meat treat, or my particular weakness, a smartie mcflurry… and you need SOMETHING. Fridge is bare, unless you want a mustard sandwich, but the bread looks a bit fuzzy and blue. You could do mac n’ cheese with cut up weenies, but that’s exclusively for weekends, takes too long and makes you feel like you’re five years old.
This is 49 cent ramen’s time to shine.
Warm, perfect for 2, takes 3 minutes to make… and if you’re lucky, someone you love will dress it up for you. A fancy Kevin ramen includes the addition of:
- toasted sesame oil (do you want some on yours?)
- an egg (do you want some on yours?)
- a dash of shoyu (do you want some on yours?)
- a splash of sriracha (do you want some on yours?)
- a sprinkle of ao nori (do you want some on yours?)
- a pinch of garlic powder (do you want some on yours?)